[MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

John Buehler johnbue at email.msn.com
Wed Sep 13 09:46:12 CEST 2000

> Matthew Mihaly
> Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 3:02 PM

> So we do both of the above, but guess what: our primary revenue source is
> people buying skills. Neither of your points make for very good
> inhibitors!

I guess I didn't anticipate a game publisher SELLING skills.  If you sanction
the purchase of stuff, I'm not surprised that players take advantage of it.
If you were to take away that element, how many players would be buying
characters from other players?  Add in a huge number of skills and a huge
number of goals in the game world, and how many would be buying characters?

JB