[MUD-Dev] MUD Coding Staff Structure

Lars Duening lars at bearnip.com
Wed Sep 13 16:04:35 CEST 2000

On 12 Sep 00, at 11:55, Malcolm Tester wrote:

> [LDMud]  released an updated 2.4.5 mudlib that would
> run out of the box with the driver.  It does offer better security than the
> original 2.4.5 lib, and is much better suited if you want to use it as a
> base to build a lib.

Uhm, as much as I like to read my praise, this is not completely
correct. The only updates I made to the 2.4.5 lib in the driver
distribution serve the purpose to make it run on the driver. I did
nothing about the security and design issues, because, IMO, any
attempt to correct the 2.4.5 would effectively result in a rewrite
from scratch.

I chose it mainly because it is a small yet somewhat playable lib (well,
and because the first mud I played had been based on it :-).

 -- Lars
Lars Duening; lars at bearnip.com