[MUD-Dev] MUD Licensing

UCMM Administration ucmm at fozzie.webservepro.com
Thu Sep 14 03:19:29 CEST 2000

Ok, now if you may have heard, Kavir is out of town for the remainder of
the month and even though our leader is gone for a few weeks, we shall
still strive to make sure MUDs follow the licensing set aside by its
original creators.

I am trying to push a BBB for the MUDding Community using Kavir's site as
the HQ.  The MUD Licensing Union will be a group of networks and
individuals which all join and want to make sure all who they deal with
follow the licensing.  On Kavir's site will be MUDs which are being
investigated and ways to inform people to keep them from breaking the
licensing.

I am not gonna even start talking about Medievia.

Anyways, there is now a forum which was just started and open to the
public at http://www.mudcenter.com on the right bar named MUD
Licensing.  Now alot of people on this list I may have delt with in the
past and as we know, not everyong is on this list, so I would hope you
post your concerns there.  Also on The MudConnector and Top MUD Sites
legal and general forums have posts about it which may interest you.

Push the idea of the union, state your position with breaking licensing
and be heard.  There is my first post in a nut shell.  Trust me, I could
write pages on this topic.  Thank you!

Oh yeah, sites which currently have removed sites proven to be breaking
licensing are:

United Council of Multiple MUDsites - www.ucmm.org
MGON: MudCenter - www.mudcenter.com
Top MUD Sites - www.topmudsites.com

: Haslage Net Electronics            United Council of Multiple MUDsites :
: MUD & AudioRealm Division       World Inter-MUD Communications Network :
: "We Work for You!"           MudCenter & Max Gaming Online MUD Section :
: Co-Owner Anthony R. Haslage     a.k.a President Ntanel R.P. StormBlade :
: Http://ucmm.dhs.org/~ucmm/                  Email:  ucmm at inetsolve.com :
: Affilliates: MUDConnector, UMRG, MudCenter, MU*Ring, AudioRealm, SMAUG :
: Ack!, Top MUD Sites, Max Gaming, Terrabox, OurMU* & INetSolve Hosting. :