[MUD-Dev] MUD Coding Staff Structure

Taylor taylor at taylor.org
Fri Sep 15 17:26:48 CEST 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 gmiller at classic-games.com wrote:

> Pickup trucks and tractor trailer trucks carry loads of different sizes and
> handle very differently. They even require a different driver's license. Yet
> they're both trucks. Nobody refers to the latter as a VLMWVTINAT (Very Large
> Multi-Wheeled Vehicle That Is Not A Truck).

But once they started selling them to the mass market they called them
SUV's and installed seat warmers.

It's a marketing term used to hype the product. Audience don't just want
multiple players they want MASSIVELY multiple players. They don't just
want their games online, they want them to Persist online even when they
arn't.

I agree with all the point as to how they're the same game, but I doubt
the publisher will start labling their million dollar projects MUDs.

--
Taylor						     Captain Cursor has a weblog
taylor at taylor.org				   http://www.captaincursor.com/