[MUD-Dev] Are eBay sales more than just a fad?

Madman Across the Water burra at alum.rpi.edu
Sun Sep 17 23:50:42 CEST 2000

Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> And if people are out of character enough to think about the limitations
> of the game engine, don't you think that just maybe buying items isn't
> going to stretch credibility less than that?

I worded my post the way I did because yes, to me, it _does_ bother me
more than that. But, as I said, I don't know how much of that is because
I'm used to items appearing out of nowhere and I'm not used to items
being purchased with in game money... ask me again in 5 years to see if
it still seems like it's on the other side of some intangible boundary.

Adam