[MUD-Dev] Importance of User Documentation

Ben bjchambers at phoenixdsl.com
Sat Sep 30 17:08:40 CEST 2000

From: "Jon Morrow" <Jon at Morrow.net>
> 1) Has anyone encountered a MUD with a good documentation model?  What
makes
> it good?  How can it be improved?

I haven't actually encountered one, but one idea I have had, is that in the
new mud codebase I am gonna
start writing soon, I plan on having it more interlaced.  As in I don't
retype for each item what the similar ones
are, but instead classify it, then have a list of what is related to each
classification.  When they want to see the
help file for a talking command, it looks to see what categories are related
to talking commands, removes the
current one from the list, and adds it to the documentation.  It makes it
much easier to add documentation...