[MUD-Dev] Sims Online -- WAS: Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #301 - 15 msgs

Zak Jarvis zak at voidmonster.com
Sun Apr 1 14:29:24 CEST 2001

I contend that a passable abstraction of the real world where you can be
someone other than yourself is the most meaningful departure imaginable.

Also, why does an online gaming world need to differ from a single-user
one?

I'm not sure I disagree with you, I'm just curious what your reasons for
saying that are. Or at least I'm presuming you're saying that since the
single-player version of The Sims has sold well over a million copies.

-Zak Jarvis
 http://www.voidmonster.com

"Quite solemnly I told myself: "Even though I'm still undecided at
 present and appear to be an idle pleasure-seeker par excellence, this
 is no reason to doubt that perhaps soon a time will come when I'll be
 firm resolution itself and ready to take on the full harshness, the
 utter nakedness, of life just as bravely as the next fellow.""

"I was not a little proud of this monologue."
        -- Robert Walser, translation by Susan Bernofsky and Tom Whalen