[MUD-Dev] Mera '01 report

Jake Song jake at ncinteractive.com
Mon Apr 2 01:16:31 CEST 2001

I just read the article and noticed:

<quote>
  One example of the dangers of game addiction comes from the Korean
  MMORPG Lineage. Two men who were players met in real life after
  having a conflict with each other in the game. One of the men went
  to the meeting carrying a machete and hacked the other man to
  death. Sometimes, making a game that gets people addicted can be a
  dangerous thing.
</quote>

Can I know the original source of the above incident?  I know there
are some violent incidents between Lineage players in real life, but
death?

And I think addiction level of Lineage is as same as those of EQ or
UO.

Jake