The Sims Online (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #301 - 15 msgs)

Lee Sheldon linearno at gte.net
Thu Apr 5 13:12:23 CEST 2001

Ack, Jonathan.  My first post on the list in response to one of yours,
and I agree with you completely.  I'm shaken.  My first reaction to
Majestic was, "Cell phones?  Pagers?  Are they crazy?"  I kept this
reaction to mself however, as the other people nearby were ooing and
ahing like cows who had just discovered a fresh patch of clover.

But why would I want more noise (in a figurative sense) in my real
life?  I escape to games, and when I'm sated, I escape back to real
life.  I don't want games chasing me around like a dental office
reminding me I have an appointment.  But that could just be me.  I
refuse to wear a pager, and only have a cell phone in my car for
emergencies.  Maybe some people will welcome an intrusion that -isn't-
the dentist or the boss.  Of course you may have many and sundry other
reasons why you think Majestc is DOA.  I'd love to hear 'em. :)

Lee