[MUD-Dev] Camelot Beta 3

Darrin Hyrup shades at mythicgames.com
Fri Apr 6 10:22:37 CEST 2001

Hey folks,

Haven't had time to comment in this forum for a while since things
have been so busy here, but I thought I'd chime in on this thread
quickly...

At 10:47 AM 4/5/2001 +0200, Vincent Archer wrote:
> According to Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com:

>> Looking at the sign up tally already (>20k) applying is probably
>> academic, anyone else from here applying?

> My save vs fan hordes is relatively poor, need a natural win :)

> I've applied when the server was reasonably uncongested, but unless
> specially selected, checking "yes I do work in the game industry"
> doesn't work in your favor :)

Actually, it won't really affect your chance of being selected for the
beta test.  Most of the non-vital statistic questions in the
application are there primarily for our own demographics.  Once the
application period ends for this phase of beta, and our
disqualification filters finish sorting out the bad eggs and those
who's machines don't meet the minimum requirements, the chances of
getting into the beta are pretty much equal.

Even those who don't get into the test now may find they are invited
to attend later.  This beta is going to be staged admission, so we
will be adding groups of people on a daily basis for several weeks,
and maybe longer than that.  We'll be inviting 5000 or so people this
test, so even at 30k applicants (so far) that puts the odds at 1 in
6. =)

Best,

Darrin Hyrup
Mythic Entertainment