[Mud-Dev] Broken currencies

Derek Licciardi kressilac at home.com
Sat Apr 7 08:26:56 CEST 2001

To do this you will have to redesign how economies work in MUDS and
much more CPU power will need to be devoted to the maintenance of them
in the server planning.  I do agree with you, though I realize
following through on it is not easy task.  If you do, I have a couple
of government economists that would like to look at your game as a
simulation for a real economy.(there was an article somewhere that
discussed the thought of this.)

Derek

ps Chew on this.  Inflation in MUDs leads to devaluation of currency
and barter systems.  I believe it undermines class balance, item
balance, item rarity, and overall power levels causeing all kinds of
bad things to happen.  Could it be possible that we need to link the
entire game, power, money, skills, characters, mobs, and items to some
sort of health index so that fixing the correct relative values for
all elements of the game is based on this inflationary index??