[MUD-Dev] Something in the water

Marc Bowden ryumo at merit.edu
Thu Aug 2 09:29:33 CEST 2001

--On Wednesday, August 1, 2001 10:19 AM -0400 Jon Morrow
<Jon at Morrow.net> wrote:

> Have you considered having admins watch players while invisible,
> at random times, and at random locations?  You could also make the
> bonuses fairly rare, meaning players wouldn't work for them as
> much, but would rather see them as a sign of passive
> encouragement.

I don't believe that falls under the realm of "community building
behavior." It's more the kind of thing I expect to find in MUDs run
by young boys who're just out for kicks and in certain LPs where the
administrators are voyeurs. If you don't understand why this would
turn a playerbase off, I can't think of a way to explain it to you
offhand.

--
Marc Bowden - Soulsinger         Dreamshadow:The Legacy of the Three
  ryumo at merit.edu                                 206.246.120.2 3333