[MUD-Dev] Personality Types (was Anarchy Online (was Community Feeling))

Dave Kennerly Dave at Nexon.com
Fri Aug 10 18:54:59 CEST 2001

Steven Daniels wrote:

> "Competitor" is a much preferable term than "killer".  However,
> "Cooperation" is not its opposite.  Group competition is both
> competitive and cooperative. There are lone-wolf competitors and

Has there been discussion or article comparing Bartle types to
Myers-Briggs personality types?

For about a year and a half, I have been curious if there has been a
discussion or article that compared the Bartle types to the
Myers-Briggs personality types.  I haven't found any yet.  I've read
this list for a while and Bartle's original article, but I haven't
read Bartle's article's references.

I imagine a comparison helps, but I also imagine this thought has already
been discussed by someone somewhere in insightful depth.  I've read a tiny
sample of the wealth written on Myers-Briggs personality types, its origins
and applications (Carl Jung, Medieval Alchemists, the Tarot, and more).

Myers-Briggs (Temperament) : Bartle

    SP : Killer
    SJ : Achiever
    NT : Explorer
    NF : Socializer

HEARTS, CLUBS, DIAMONDS, SPADES: PLAYERS WHO SUIT MUDS,
Richard Bartle

  http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm

HUMANMETRICS : Jung - Myers-Briggs Test

  http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Just a quickly found example of the Myers-Briggs test.

Dave