[MUD-Dev] d20

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 14 10:26:56 CEST 2001

Monday, August 06, 2001, 8:00:27 PM, maddog at best.com wrote:

> I am still not convinced that D20 is the ultimate game mechanics
> for computer-based (or should i say "mediated"?) fantasy
> role-playing.  Do you guys think so? I did spend 4 nanoseconds on
> a translator for D20 to D200.

I definitely don't think so -- I've said here many times that, while
I do believe that there's a lot of good ideas to be drawn from paper
RPGs, there are major differences in the conditions the two sorts of
systems have to operate under, so simply copying a paper RPG system
is not a great idea.

--
Travis Casey
efindel at earthlink.net