[MUD-Dev] Pocket PC Development

Peter Tyson ptyson at datamonitor.com
Wed Aug 15 09:53:18 CEST 2001

Last time I coded I was 12 and it was in Amstrad Basic. I've never
looked back =)

I imagine it is tricky, and also hard to program across SH3, ARM
processors etc.

Still surprised a little that no one in the MUD world has thought of
offering their game with a premium subscription for PPC use. The
classic idea of playing UO at home and then managing your
trade/vendors with your PPC when away from home. I'm sure there is
an audience for that kind of continued gameplay. And they'd pay too.

Well, perhaps they've thought of it but I guess there just isn't the
market penetration.. hmm I have the numbers on me somewhere here :)

But people out there are doing good stuff. So I guess it's
possible. Just not particularly easy!

Peter