[MUD-Dev] MUDs as an educational tool in impoverished regions?

Eric Rhea eric at enkanica.com
Tue Aug 28 08:35:04 CEST 2001

MUDs as educational resources have been covered on this list to some
extent, but from my searching and from the list archives, it appears
that the bulk of these accessible cases are oriented towards higher
education, select professions, or those sitting on the "have" side
of the digital divide. What about the flipside of that coin, has
there been any documented cases of the application of MUDs in
regions of the global south considered as impoverished?

It seems common sense to me that a MUD as an aid to learning would
be a remarkable asset to people in these areas, but whenever common
sense enters the picture I'm usually wrong. :)

-Eric