[MUD-Dev] MMORPGs & MUDs

Brian Hook brianhook at pyrogon.com
Fri Dec 14 10:18:58 CET 2001

Mike Sellers wrote:
> Derek wrote:

>> MMORPGs take between 5 and 10 million dollars to produce.  I know
>> because I just finished our financials for our next project.

> I'd add that those numbers are on the conservative end.

And I'll add that they're only that expensive if you're trying to
compete on content size.  It's entirely possible to build a
reasonably good MMORPG for, say, $2.5M, if you're willing to make
trade offs.  There is a fixed cost associated with launch, customer
service, bandwidth, etc. but the vast cost is going to be consumed
by content generation.

Brian