[MUD-Dev] [STORY] Story and population size

Andrew Hefford andrew.hefford at coregen.net
Wed Dec 19 00:21:17 CET 2001

Perhaps by allowing quicker specialization in the making of specific
items for first time players.  They are then able to produce these
cheaper items at the same rate and quality as those with higher
skill points.  They would be limited in what they can chose to
specialize in and how many items that can specialize in.  The player
with higher skill points can widen his areas of knowledge and cope
better with shifts in MOB or Player economies.  The smaller items
would require little in the way of resources.  Allow players to
identify what items to produce while they are offline and the higher
level players will utilize that time on items that have a higher
level of reward in terms of skill points gained and the amount they
can produce in that time. You could get high and low levels to work
together by giving an incentive for the higher level players to pass
the work down to the other players.  The lower level players can use
there offline time to fill these orders.  You could even give the
newbie players a boost, i.e. making item x is new to them so they
put more effort/thought into it and produce a better quality item.