[MUD-Dev] MMORPGs & MUDs

Richard Aihoshi aka Jonric jonric at vaultnetwork.com
Fri Dec 21 22:29:54 CET 2001

At 07:37 AM 21/12/01 -0800, "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>
wrote:

> But also, yes, in any service, you also have to try to satisfy the
> largest number of customers possible, and some will not be
> happy. You can't please everyone all of the time, I believe the
> saying says. :)

As a clarification from a former marketing and CS manager, it would
be better to say that you have to try to satisfy the largest number
of customers possible **within your defined target market.** As you
define your target market more narrowly, it generally becomes easier
to satisfy more thoroughly, but also smaller.  A vital part of the
art of marketing is trying to find the optimum balance point for
your product or your service while also taking into account other
factors such as the strengths and weaknesses of the competition.

Cheers.

Richard Aihoshi  - "Jonric"
Editor in Chief, IGN Vault Network
RPG Vault http://rpgvault.ign.com