[MUD-Dev] brazil

Kerem HADIMLI waster at iname.com
Tue Feb 6 17:08:40 CET 2001

Alistair Milne wrote:

> I was under the impression that EA had already set up some servers
> in Italy for running UO and other EA games in Europe.  Certainly
> when I was at Bullfrog our network guys were frequently going out
> there to install and fix the servers.

Well, there's no official UO server in Europe, but lots of unofficial
servers (player-run servers, using player-coded servers) with small
player databases, and few people (100-150, OSI has 1000) playing at
the same time.

Also, players from Turkey are mailing to OSI, about opening an
istanbul.owo.com server, but they don't do anything, and noone thinks
they will. (Ping from here is minimum 700ms, usuaklly 800-900ms). I
know these because i've worked in the development of an unofficial UO
shard here (but left the project after it's opened, because of
personal problems), and it currently has ~150 players playing at the
same time.

If OSI had opened a shard in Italy, or in Europe, then i don't think
players here would receive 700ms ping from Istanbul :)

Regards,
Kerem HADIMLI

--
If it happens once, it's a bug.