[MUD-Dev] PvP Systems

Jake Song jake at ncinteractive.com
Wed Feb 7 15:25:36 CET 2001

There are goals in most single player games. It would be
good to have a goal in MUD. It would be better to have a goal
which is team oriented rather than personal one.

For example gathering and organizing a bunch of people
and conquering a kingdom is more fit to MUD type game as a goal
than becoming a high level character or solving puzzles which
is solely personal.

Becoming a king would be worth for a character to devote
his life compared to chatting, wondering around, fishing, weapon
smithing, etc. Another worthwhile goal to devote a life would be
aquiring his/her true love?

How much power the king will have is a different subject though.

Jake