[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Tue Feb 13 09:51:36 CET 2001

Felix A. Croes wrote:
> Bruce <bruce at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > Have you looked at BXXP, XML-RPC, or SOAP?
> >
> > BXXP (http://www.bxxp.org/) seems like it'd be the most interesting
> > from your description.
> Ellis was designed to be a low-level multiplexing protocol with
> connection recovery and security; Skotos necessarily went beyond
> that, but personally I doubt that I will ever use XML.  The point
> of Ellis, for me, is that I have a communication protocol which I
> can use for all my future mud projects.  I have no hope, or indeed
> intention, that it will be used by any mud which does not build
> upon DGD.

Felix, have you looked at BXXP? I just took a quick look at it looks like it
has support for both UDP and TCP, channels for multiplexing, connection
recovery and security. Is there something that Ellis does that BXXP does
not?

The Blocks Extensible Exchange Protocol Core
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-beep-framework-11.txt

Mapping the BEEP Core onto TCP
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-beep-tcpmapping-06.txt

-- Christopher Allen