[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

Bruce bruce at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 13 23:37:17 CET 2001

Felix A. Croes wrote:

> I have looked at it now, and BXXP doesn't appear to have connection
> state recovery -- automatic resending of messages lost due to a dropped
> connection -- or UDP support.

Felix,

I'm having trouble seeing how your connection state recovery is
something that is safe to do, assuming that it is something like:

  * I enter some commands.  Some are still buffered up.
  * Connection drops.
  * Connection is re-established.
  * My buffered up commands are sent.

Is that accurate?

How is that safe in the event that something has changed on the server
side in the time between the connection drops and is re-established?
What happens if a command gets executed twice by some misfortune?

  - Bruce