[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Thu Feb 15 22:50:59 CET 2001

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Koster, Raph wrote:

>> People often talk about the MUD community and whatnot, but it
>> really is a load of crap. There is no central place where this
>> supposed MUD community gathers, for instance.

> Here?

Conservatively, there are half a million people playing muds. Mud-dev
has about 1000 people I think, less than 50 of whom participate in any
regular sort of fashion. My game alone has more people than that, with
a LOT higher rate of participation. I'm not slamming mud-dev, but it
definitely is not what I'd call a central gathering place for people
who are into MUDs.

--matt