[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Feb 15 23:43:52 CET 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:48:51 -0800
Ben Chambers <bjchambers at phoenixdsl.com> wrote:

> I think that as a list we should develop a new standard.

  1) What problem are you trying to solve?

  2) Why is that a problem?

  3) What is the scope and impact of that problem?  (I won't bother
  with risk analysis etc)

  4) Why is a new standard needed to solve that problem?

  5) In what manner is a vaunted new standard compelling for others
  who either have the same or a similar problem?

  6) What specific aspects of the problem would need to be
  generatlised and so be sub-optimal to create a useful "standard"
  for this area, and would those compromises be critical to being
  able to effectively address the problem?

  7) What is the actual review, nomination, and acceptance policy
  for creating a "standard" such as this?  (Yes I'm being facetious
  on this one).

> I think that if we wrote it like html, and just marked up the text
> sent over telnet, and got clients to read it and servers that
> could send it it would be a very good idea.

An XML schema?  Why not simply piggy back on one of the already
extant XML RPC models?

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu