[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

Tamzen Cannoy tamzen at worldbenders.com
Fri Feb 16 00:03:15 CET 2001

At 11:29 PM -0800 2/15/01, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:05:05 -0500 (EST)
> Sanvean  <sanvean at ginka.armageddon.org> wrote:
>>  On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, J C Lawrence wrote:

>>>  While true, MUD-Dev is barely representative of the
>>>  heavy/consensual RP side of the field (among others).  More
>>>  simply, MUD-Dev is heavily GoP oriented.

>>  Hey hey hey HEY!  What am I, chopped liver?  We're one of the
>>  oldest RP-intensive MUDs around!

> How true!  OTOH, and not to diminish your role, do you accurately
> represent the entire rest of the heavy/consensual RP field?  While
> MUD-Dev have some presence in that end of the field, such as you,
> comparitively it seems under represented compared to the developer
> population.

Well. Heavy/consensual RP doesn't really *need* developers. :) Those
of us who are actors can easily sit around in a bare room and RP our
little hearts out. Now ambiance and descriptions and even things some
sort of stat system, etc. can help, but RP of that sort can't be
developed. It depends entirely on the caliber of the players.

Since that's what I want and am interested in, yeah, the majority of
the discussions here are pretty boring to me. But it's interesting to
try to figure out how the other half lives. I read Lum the Mad for
that reason too. Who are these wierd people who'd rather see a picture
than make one up in their head?

Until graphical games look like Myst and let me create things that
look like that too, *and* have the RP style of a MUSH, I'm an outsider
looking in on most of what you guys talk about.

--

Tamzen