[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Feb 16 00:30:02 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 00:03:15 -0800
Tamzen Cannoy <tamzen at worldbenders.com> wrote:

> At 11:29 PM -0800 2/15/01, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:05:05 -0500 (EST) Sanvean
>> <sanvean at ginka.armageddon.org> wrote:
>>> On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Well. Heavy/consensual RP doesn't really *need* developers. :)
> Those of us who are actors can easily sit around in a bare room
> and RP our little hearts out. Now ambiance and descriptions and
> even things some sort of stat system, etc. can help, but RP of
> that sort can't be developed. It depends entirely on the caliber
> of the players.

Touche'.  This perhaps explains the dearth of traffic on Gods and
other RP-oriented lists?

> Since that's what I want and am interested in, yeah, the majority
> of the discussions here are pretty boring to me. But it's
> interesting to try to figure out how the other half lives. I read
> Lum the Mad for that reason too. Who are these wierd people who'd
> rather see a picture than make one up in their head?

A friend recently asked what I thought was a particularly insightful
quetion in this regard:

  Do you close your eyes when you want to hum a song you really
  like?

> Until graphical games look like Myst and let me create things that
> look like that too, *and* have the RP style of a MUSH, I'm an
> outsider looking in on most of what you guys talk about.

<nod> Please consider yourself more than welcome to hang out and
chime in whenever the urge strikes.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu