[MUD-Dev] Re: PvP systems

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Fri Feb 16 20:06:27 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Achaea, how would a guild master find out that a given member
> hadn't made the curse, or verify that a given member had or had not
> made the curse?

Well, as we haven't implemented such a system, it's difficult to
say. Curses could be logged to be viewed by various people who are
above you (if there are any) in the various organizations you're a
part of (divine orders, city-states, guilds, families, clubs, clans,
whatever). They'd obviously be logged, but whether the guildmaster
could view them, I couldn't say. It's hard to discuss, as it's an
extremely flawed system.

The fact is, it doesn't really matter whether or not the guildmaster
can view his guild members curses. The guildmaster is guildmaster
because most of the guild respects him and choose him as the
leader. If he asks them to curse somebody, most of them will do
it. That is the nature of leadership.

--matt