[MUD-Dev] A new MUD-standard

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Sun Feb 18 21:41:07 CET 2001

Ben Chambers wrote:

> From: "Ben Greear" <greearb at candelatech.com>
>
> > Ben Chambers wrote:
>
> > I broke my stuff into things like: communications (say v/s gossip,
> > yell...)  Also, room, object, and door listings had their own tags.
>
> This is why you had to add new tags.  I am proposing to generate tags
> on the fly.  Such as the command
>
>   <new_window name="stat_wnd" type="static">
>
> then
>
>   <new_static parent="stat_wnd" name="str" label="Str: " bar=false>

So, um...with this setup, how can I let the user make all 'gossip' text
blue-green, but all 'say' text purple?  (And have another person
have yellow gossip and black say output??)

How can I let the client know the difference between a PC description
and a room description.

Note that my entire design assumes that the client/user knows how
to display the info, and so the server only has to present the info
in a format that allows the client to make the correct distinctions
between different classes of information.

Enjoy,
Ben

--
Ben Greear (greearb at candelatech.com)  http://www.candelatech.com
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)