[MUD-Dev] Real Life Consequences

Rodney Lorrimar llama at wn.com.au
Mon Feb 19 08:48:46 CET 2001

Corey Crawford <myrddin at seventh.net> wrote:

> My question is, has anyone ever thought of - instead of banning,
> deleting, shrubing, whatever'ing - fining a player for grievances
> against the game?

How about redefining "fine"? Instead of paying fines, players who
cause grievances pay slightly more in monthly fees. Then you can say
that players who play nice get lower monthly fees. This being sort of
like a no claim bonus system in insurance. A stick solution has now
been disguised as a carrot solution.

Of course, the problem with fines, etc. is that for your average 13
year old l33t d00d $50 can be a lot of money but for other players
this amount is not quite so significant. Maybe this is good though.

Rodney