[MUD-Dev] Pay for Play (or Commercial Rolecall)

Dave Rickey daver at mythicentertainment.com
Tue Feb 20 16:56:15 CET 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Ananda Dawnsinger <ananda at winterreach.com>

> And at the time, Smedley told people that "even though the game is
> rated M, a lot of parents let their kids play, and we need to make
> sure that the material is suitable."  Excuse me?  I thought the M
> rating existed so that adults could have access to material that
> hasn't been sanitized to be suitable for children?

At that time, the ESRB rating (rated before the game was released) of
EQ was "Teen", the ESRBi rating (rated after release) was "M".
Presumably, two different raters, and one of them actually played a
"dark" race.  Now, both ratings are "Teen".  I have no idea why or how
the ESRBi rating got changed.

--Dave Rickey