[MUD-Dev] Persistent Worlds

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Tue Feb 20 18:18:55 CET 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 09:07:53 +0000 (GMT)
> the logos <the_logos at www.achaea.com> wrote:
>
> > Right. So, in fact, not the sort of dragons in the sort of
> > settings most people use.
>
> I'm not sure there's a lot of constancy in the definition of
> dragons.  Chinese dragons are quite different from AD&D Tiamat which
> are quite different from most Medieval dragons (religious and heroic
> art, Arthur, etc) is different from Tolkein's dragons (LotR) are
> different from LeGuin's (DragonFlight) are different from Andre
> Norton's (Earthsea) are different from Pier's Anthony (Xanth) etc.

This is the last post I'm going to make on this, as I don't care
whether you use dragons as giant lizards or dragons as flying
fire-breathing creatures. They don't exist. They aren't real. At most,
in the case of giant lizards, they once existed, but they certainly
didn't exist in conjunction with people at all, and especially people
capable of forging weapons.

--matt