[MUD-Dev] Persistent Worlds

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Wed Feb 21 02:50:15 CET 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Travis Casey wrote:

> 1 - I know that *someone's* going to complain about that being in the
>     list.  What I mean is that there is no fundamental law that
>     prevents telepathy from being possible (as there seems to be for,
>     say, gross-effect telekinesis or precognition).  As far as is
>     known, telepathy doesn't exist, but it *could* exist, in theory.

Shrug. Then there's no meaning to the word. Anything could exist in
theory. The physical laws of the universe could undergo a radical
change tomorrow. As we're not aware of the complete laws of the
universe (if there is such a thing at all), there is no way to know
this won't happen. If the mere possibility of something means it is
'real' then I do not find myself capable of thinking of anything that
isn't real, in which case the word has no meaning and this argument is
over.

--matt