[MUD-Dev] Persistent Worlds

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Wed Feb 21 03:04:01 CET 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Eli Stevens wrote:

> [...]

I doubted then and I doubt now. That prose looks very stitched
together to me.

Output of command: focus logran

  - You adjust your optical cybernetics to focus on the pack of Logran drones.
  - There are fourteen of them.
  - Magnification is at x300.
  - The pack is led by a class three hunter.
  - The Logran drones are carrying laser rods.
  - The Logran hunter c3 is carrying a rail cannon.
  - They are heading in your direction.
  - They are about 250 meters away.

Now, granted, none of us are the next James Joyce and none of the
writing for MUDs needs to be winning Pulitzers. The Physmud stuff
isn't bad. But, it DOES look stitched together and from the examples
there wouldn't do a very convincing impression of storytelling.

--matt