[MUD-Dev] Pay for Play (or Commercial Rolecall)

Jon Lambert tychomud at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 22 01:48:52 CET 2001

Jeff Freeman wrote:

> We could argue back and forth over whether the ban was justified or
> not - but we shouldn't argue about that because it simply isn't the
> point.  The point is that you said this player was banned for
> roleplaying.  The player wasn't roleplaying, so whatever reason for
> the ban - whether it was justified or not - it couldn't possibly have
> been for roleplaying.

Right.  The statement that the "player was banned for roleplaying" is
what we call spin or propaganda.   Dozens of other players have posted
stories of their EQ characters around the net.  I don't consider it
roleplaying either.  But to say EQ bans roleplaying begs the question,
why haven't these other "roleplayers" been banned?

I am as suprised as you to learn that Stephen King and Margaret Mitchell
were actually roleplaying rather than merely writing stories.

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com *--
--* Mud Server Developer's Page <http://tychomud.home.netcom.com> *--