[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Madrona Tree madronatree at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:36:57 CET 2001

>From: Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
>To: mud-dev at kanga.nu
>Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)
>Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:01:35 -0000

> Madrona Tree wrote:

>> Basically what happens in EQ, with regards to the Aviak Charm quest
>> is this: You're out killing Avocets.  You find an aviak charm.
>> Aviak charms are not "regular" drops.  So you think to yourself, "I
>> think I'll keep this aviak charm and log, look it up on
>> Everlore.com, and see if it's quest related."  That's what I think
>> is kind of silly.  I just think that if people are going to have
>> quests, they ought to have them so that you can read the story from
>> page 1, rather than page 47.

> Look, unless the quests are completely unique, the there is no way
> they can stop you looking it up on the web if you are so inclined. No
> one forced you to do that.

How do I find out what an Aviak Charm is used for, then?  Besides
doing the "/gu What's an Aviak Charm for?"  Asking in Guild chat is,
in what I was trying to say, the same to me as looking it up on a
spoiler site.  There is nothing about the Aviak Charm that says
"Centaurs might want this."  If I looted a Centaur Hoof off of an
Aviak, I might intuitively know that I should go talk to a centaur
about it.

I don't think I am expressing myself as well as I think I am.  :-/

MT.