[MUD-Dev] Phantasy Star online article

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Fri Feb 23 04:19:41 CET 2001

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Koster, Raph wrote:

> http://gamespy.com/articles/february01/pso/

You've got to hand it to the Japanese. When it comes to innovation,
they deliver like no Western company even hopes to. Up with Dreamcast,
the greatest console ever! (It's recently overtaken the SNES in my
personal list of the most fun I've had on a console).

I was chatting with Christopher Allen the other day and generally
putting down PSO, and I must say that this articles doe partially
change my mind. The combination of on-line and off-line is fantastic,
and if they can provide decent service without a monthly charge, well,
power to them. Can anyone comment on what, say, Verant's management
thinks of this?

On the other hand, it also sounds like it's about as sophisticated as
a caveman with a lobotomy in terms of its gameplay and social
structure.

--matt