[MUD-Dev] Condsiders

Klyde Beattie agius_ at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 10:46:31 CET 2001

Ryan wrote:

> While this does do something to address the problem you originally
> posted over, it doesn't solve the problem of perception.  I wanted
> to design a world that would take the rogue classes to the next
> level.  So now you've made it relative, but what happens when a
> rogue is disguised as a hobbled old beggar?  Your consider queries
> his real stats and now you've given your players an anti-disguise
> command >built.

I have thought a bit about taking the rogue class to the next level
and I'll share my ideas

The default game mode should be 1st person so you can't see the
theives sneak up on you with the magical direct satalite uplink.

You should have a surround sound environment where the thief actualy
walks sielently and the player has to pay attention to hear him.

All players will have an alert button where if they push it, there
character will stop moving and look around ( and if you use DnD like
backstab rules he will be ammune) same stuff with thieving and
probably other features like certain reaction based traps.