[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Nathan F.Yospe yospe at kanga.nu
Fri Feb 23 22:49:38 CET 2001

Ananda Dawnsinger <ananda at winterreach.com> said:

> Hell, even MUD-Dev has seen a couple of people join and post pot-shots
> at members they didn't like.

> <EdNote: Yeah, sorry about that.  There's a line between "enough
> rope to do something useful" and "enough rope to try and hang
> someone else" that I'm still figuring out.>

What, and hanging someone else with it isn't a viable definition of
rope being made useful?

The problem, as highlighted by this admission, is that there isn't
much, if anything, that is useful/enjoyable/desirable, but not
abusable.  That is always going to be true short of absolute control
of every byte going into or out of your server.  Who has the time?

--
Nathan F. Yospe  email: yospe at kanga.nu nyospe at a2i.com nyospe at pacbell.net
Don't mind me, I'm just insane - there's someone else here, in my brain.