[MUD-Dev] Myn ynd Wymyn (was Teaching ethics in MUDs)

Adam Casbarian adamcas at concentric.net
Sat Feb 24 08:25:30 CET 2001

Ananda Dawnsinger wrote:

> But then that falls into knowing whether or not a player is a minor,
> doesn't it?

You have 2 choices if you don't find out ages through talking to
players or requiring their real age when registering for your mud (my
mud doesn't require it).

Choice 1:

  Ignore the potential problem and hope for the best.

Choice 2:

  Assume that everyone needs a guardian angel of some kind and protect
  everyone from the potential danger.  This may step on the toes of
  those who feel they can protect themselves, but I don't mind since
  it produces a healthier playerbase for the mud by getting rid of the
  'bad' people.

Adam