[MUD-Dev] Fallen Age (was Shameless Plug)

SavantKnowsAll at cs.com SavantKnowsAll at cs.com
Sat Feb 24 13:10:05 CET 2001

In a message dated 2/24/01 10:00:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
the_logos at www.achaea.com writes:

>  I don't know the details of your combat system, but I can tell you
>  that we thought long and hard about where ranked deathmatches can
>  take place, and eventually we decided to limit it to a particular
>  set of rooms (the Mahtsuhama Arena, where nearly all limited combat
>  resources are unlimited, so as to allow people to practice with
>  minimal cost. Fighting is expensive normally due to the vast array
>  of herbs, salves, elixirs, tattoos, magical items etc that must be
>  used and are depleteable.)

This too is an option that we can simply modify in the code with very
little effort.  We already have "Battlezones" which provide for no
death penalty and no risk of being reported.  All we'd need to do is
restrict Deathmatches to that zone.  Like I said, our company is quite
willing to change when and if there's a need.

Daniel