[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Chris Lloyd crl199 at soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 18:32:26 CET 2001

So what if one person blabs? Its their own loss. I would expect people
to give away the solutions to the lower-xp quests to the newbies, and
to keep the higher-level, more xp ones to themselves and only share
them with their close allies. From an admin point of view, do you
really care how many people do those big quests? As long as they don't
give out any world-changing items, its up to the mortals to decide if
they want 1000xp for the quest or 10xp for the same quest after they
tell a few people. I would hope that this might mean that players
would actually have to trust each other occasionally!

C.