[MUD-Dev] New Bartle article

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 10:34:04 CET 2001

On 27th February, 2001, Matt wrote:

> I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to lump in politics with PK.
> They are both subsets of general PvP, but don't have a lot of relationship
> to each other.

It's only in the sense that they both attract people who like
dominating other people, whether at an individual or a group
level. Yes, there are some "conviction" politicians, who are in it
because they see the need for change, but on the whole they're not
like that (even if they dp see themselves in that light).

Other than that, yes, there isn't a lot of point in lumping them
together. Maybe my player types graph needs an extra dimension on the
left hand side!

		Richard