[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Timothy Dang tdang at U.Arizona.EDU
Wed Feb 28 11:30:58 CET 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Vincent Archer wrote:

> Asheron's Call tried to implement this with their magic system. It
> uses "secret recipes", and to discourage people from sharing said
> recipes, each spell had a use pool that would be drained if too many
> people were using it.

Is there anyone who observed this from the beginning, and could give
me a short history of the magic system in AC? Or knows where there is
such online?

I'm trying to put together various illustrations of online economics,
and two phenomena which I think illustrate the Tragedy of the Commons
well are AC's magic system, and UO's housing crunch. (This is
obviously not to mention hunting in general, in games oriented towards
hunting.)

Thanks, if you can help me.