[MUD-Dev] New Bartle article

msew msew at ev1.net
Wed Feb 28 20:29:52 CET 2001

At 12:57 02/26/2001 +0000, Richard A. Bartle wrote:

>> One of the problems with this method is that classes that die more
>> often are going to be really harmed.

> From my point of view, that's an indictment of classes, not of
> player death.

well the define it as the "tank role" :) the guy that is getting beat
on.  Standing back from the combat is inherently less dangerous.

The normal fantasy type battles I don't think would work as well.  A
futurized / current day would work since projectile weapons are common
place and effective.

>> And clerics would become ultra powerful, as dying and
>> then having to spend 10 days to remake my exp would not be
>> acceptable.

> Why would this make clerics powerful?  I was talking "dead dead" -
> there be no resurrection!

*smacks head* :-) Well having someone that can heal you is REALLY
valuable.  :-) I think the ability to save you from losing your life
will be super valuable.  *hrmm* guess it would be the balancing act of
pain here.  :-)

msew