[MUD-Dev] Proper MU* style list

Daniel A. Koepke dkoepke at circlemud.org
Wed Jan 3 10:29:40 CET 2001

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001 Kyndig <kyndig at clds.net> wrote:

> Appologies in advance for the lengthy mail. I am currently working
> on a small project which involves categorization of Online Text
> Games into their perspective gaming styles. Below, I have done a
> simple tree from my ftp directory and placed what I believe to be
> the proper gaming styles associated with that particular source.

You might want to check out the similar, fairly comprehensive work by
Martin Keegan.  It's three and a half years old, but remains fairly
comprehensive.  Expanding upon his work or contacting Martin himself
might be better than the reduplication of effort.

You can find the work in the past issues (Volume 2, Number 2, July
1997) of JOVE (formerly JOMR).  A direct link follows, although I
encourage you to look around JOVE, rather than just jump directly to
the relevant research and forget about everything else:

  http://www.brandeis.edu/pubs/jove/HTML/v2/keegan.html

-dak