[MUD-Dev] About.com article on Skotos

Klara clone at multiweb.nl
Wed Jan 10 10:08:59 CET 2001

The problem was summarized with the metaphor that graphical muds will
replace text muds as color TV's replaced black and white TV's's.

But TMO if you use this methaphor, it would be a discussion about
whether television will replace books, or whether books should be
combinations of text and images, or only text.  Which is a strange
discussion.

In the 'end', the outcome is predictable in the way that most
combinations will remain to exist in one way or another, the masses
will go for the easy&slick 3D worlds, and some niche will remain for
other types.  I guess it will be hard to make money with it.  I think
the only chance to see that happening is when transparent
micro-transactions hit the net, and then some time before acceptance
and all that of the public is build up. If, If,...  but not likely.