[MUD-Dev] Skill-Trees & Skill-Webs (was: Curing skill spam (was: Moving away from the level base system))

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Wed Jan 10 11:55:40 CET 2001

Phil Hall:

> I don't understand why hearing should affect the ability to pilfer
> or sneak.

Well, my thought was that hearing helps sneak because you can listen
to others around you and move when they move, not move when they do
not. I think the weighting for that is probably acceptable.

To a lesser extent, hearing is probably useful to pilfer as well. I've
no experience as a pick-pocket, but the more knowledge of your mark
probably the better. It may be weighed too highly though, and should
maybe be .5 instead.

-- Christopher Allen