[MUD-Dev] Player statistics

Vincent Archer archer at nevrax.com
Thu Jan 11 18:36:34 CET 2001

According to Koster, Raph:

> Well, as a separate datum, you can figure that the currect active
> subscriber base of the big three commercial muds is around 600,000,
> with 300,000 in EverQuest, 200,000 in Ultima Online, and 100,000 in

The big three *US* commercial muds.

Apparently, the asian market (Korea mainly) boasts higher numbers, but
their products are almost complete unknowns outside of their original
countries (I'm talking about graphic muds like Dragon Raja, Kingdom of
the Winds, Lineage).

For Lineage, this may change, as NC has opened a subsidiary in the
states (but the game itself looks pre-ultima technology).

--
Vincent Archer                                         Email: archer at nevrax.com

Nevrax France.                              Off on the yellow brick road we go!