[MUD-Dev] Player statistics

Jessica Mulligan jessica at mm3d.com
Fri Jan 12 08:47:50 CET 2001

Jake Song wrote:

> It maybe sound strange but MMORPG 'Lineage' which is in service in
> Korea and Taiwan had total sales of $45 million (in USD) last
> year. That is $3.75 million per month. :)

Not to cast aspersions on Jake, Lineage or NCsoft, but I've been
trying to confirm the above, along with the simultaneous and overall
subscriber player stats.  There can be no doubt it is a popular game
in Korea/Asia, but it'd be nice to see some consistent numbers. For
example, the subscriber numbers currently given the press (2.5 million
subs) vs. what is printed on the NC Interactive Web Site (8 million
subs).  That disparity makes me question the $$$ total.  I'm ready to
believe impressive numbers, but inconsistency doesn't increase my
confidence.

Also, wasn't Lineage first launched in the US by Tronco back in
February 1999, with a monthly sub of $12.95?  I played for a month
then dropped it, due to the predictable problems.  Did you pull
Tronco's license?

BTW: What is the current subscription price in Korea and Taiwan?